Jingo-ji temple has many steps to climb, but it is worth it. There are a few places where you can go inside. Jin, in Kanji, means “god”, and go, means “protect”. Jingo-ji is in the Takao area of Japan, and this is the first temple I visited.
Spicey got adopted!
Nijo Castle is in Japan a little bit west of central Kyoto. It is a giant castle that you can walk through with other people to see the inside. It has water surrounding it just like a moat, but there is no drawbridge. It has 33 rooms and beautiful wall paintings.
I went to Kinkaku-ji (Golden Temple) in Kyoto, Japan.
Kinkaku-ji is covered with pure, golden leaf with a golden pheonix on top; it is a very shiny and beautiful sight. If one goes there, one can only see the exterior of Kinkaku-ji; the interior is off-limits.The temple stands among a peaceful pond and a colorful, lush forest, with other buildings and stuctures surrounding it.
Ginkaku-ji is a wondrous temple, called ”the silver temple” in English. It has a stone garden where many little rocks are arranged into a beautiful pattern. Located in Ginkaku-ji, one can observe the koyo phenomenon, a Japanese word that represents the color changing of the leaves in late fall.
Satchel got adopted!
How to make a water compass
Last week I made a water compass like people would have done in ancient China.
- Tin foil
Fold many layers of tin foil together. Then, take the bowl and fill it up with water. Now, put the tin foil in the bowl. Afterwards, take the needle and the magnet, and, holding the side that is magnetized, and start rubbing in one direction about 75 times. Next, put the needle on the tin foil. Remember, the point always points north! Don’t put it near anything magnetized or it will not work!
How to Block Print
Cutting glass board
1. Gather all your materials.
2. Look at some images of something simple to draw that you like and select one.
3. Draw the image you selected on a sheet of paper.
4. Cut a medium-sized square out of the linoleum.
5. Measure the square you cut and draw the same size square on a piece of paper.
6. Draw the image inside a square placed in the paper.
7. Take the pencil, linoleum, and the image on the paper and place the image over top of the linoleum.
8. Take the pencil and start carving over top your image.
9. Go over the lines you draw with a dark Sharpie.
10. Start carving around the edges of the linoleum with the linoleum cutter using a big blade.
11. Using the small blade, cut out the smaller parts of the image.
12. Place a small amount of ink on the cutting glass board.
13. Take an ink roller and roll over the ink until you have a thin coating on the roller.
14. Rub the roller on the image and stamp it onto a sheet of paper to test it. If you are pleased with your image, you’re finished. However, if there are any issues with the print then this is the opportunity to repair them.
This video is about American Pikas. It is a very interesting. It is two minutes long.
This song is by a coach on the Voice. A person on the Voice just sang it. This is a rock-pop song.
Page 1 of 10